Confused about cooking with coconut? We’ve found the best coconut recipes to help you include coconut in every meal.
Coconut breakfast recipes
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so kick-start your morning with the extra health benefits of coconut.
Pre-workout Coconut Smoothie
Health benefit: lauric acid in coconut oil boosts the amount of nutrients you can absorb from the other ingredients
Makes: 1 smoothie
1 scoop protein powder
1 frozen banana
240ml coconut water
80ml of coconut milk
2 tablespoons almond butter
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1. Put all the ingredients into a blender and whizz together.
2. Pour into a glass and enjoy before your workout.
Tasty Tropical Coconut Porridge
Health benefit: a gluten-free and dairy-free alternative to your usual porridge
120ml coconut milk
75g coconut flour
1 grated apple
Shredded coconut or coconut sugar
1. Put the dates, coconut milk, water and egg into a food processor. Blend until smooth.
2. Add the coconut flour and then stir in the grated apple.
3. Pour into a saucepan and cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring continuously.
4. Top with the blueberries, coconut sugar or shredded coconut to serve.
To find our lunch recipes, go to Vegetable and Coconut Frittata