Coconut lunch recipes
Replacing common ingredients with coconut can super-boost your lunchtimes and up your nutrient intake.
Vegetable and Coconut Frittata
Health benefits: broccoli is rich in vitamin C which helps to protect and keep cells healthy, maintain healthy skin and boost immune health
Nutrients per serving:
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 120ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ head of broccoli
- ½ red onion
- Leftover vegetables
- Handful fresh herbs such as chives or parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Heat the coconut oil in a pan, add the onions and cook until softened.
2. Cut the broccoli into bite-sized pieces and add to the pan. Add any leftover veg you want to include.
3. While the broccoli is cooking, whisk the eggs, coconut milk, herbs, and seasoning together. Pour over the vegetables in the pan.
4. Transfer to the oven and cook until frittata has puffed up and is cooked through (about 15 minutes). 5. Serve hot or cold.
For Coconut for dinner, try our Chicken and Chilli Buckwheat Stir Fry