“A really simple recipe, but the best addition to your Sunday lunch. Maple syrup brings out the natural sweetness of the veggies, while the paprika, cayenne and rosemary add a whole new level of flavour. The veg become so sweet and tender when baked like this, so everyone will love them! If you’re not ready to go full veggie and serve with nut roast, then try adding them to a conventional roast instead; it’s a great way to start getting your friends and family excited about plant-based meals.” Deliciously Ella
Suitable for Nut-free | Vegetarian
Nutrients per serving:
- 2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed well
- 4 carrots, peeled
- 4 parsnips, peeled
- Olive oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200oC (fan 180oC).
2. Cut the sweet potatoes into equal-sized wedges and halve the carrots and parsnips lengthways.
3. Place in a large baking tray in a single layer, or spread them over 2 trays.
4. Drizzle with olive oil and maple syrup and sprinkle over the paprika and cayenne pepper.
5. Toss everything together, then tuck the rosemary into the veg and season to taste.
6. Roast for 60 minutes, turning once or twice in that time.
Adapted from Deliciously Ella with Friends, by kind permission of Ella Mills. Discover more delicious meals and snacks in Ella’s new book Deliciously Ella with Friends, available on Amazon.
Handpicked content: Fall in love with these 3 exclusive recipes from Deliciously Ella
Start your day right with a Breakfast Smoothie bursting with fresh fruit, oats and almonds.
Fill up at lunchtime with a Quinoa Roasted Vegetable Salad that tastes as good as it looks.
These Apricot and Almond Bars, packed with fruit, nuts and seeds make the perfect snack.
Share your natural food stories on Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter with #MyHB