GLUTEN-FREE / WHEAT-FREE / DAIRY-FREE / VEGAN / NO REFINED SUGAR
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
|For the brownies –
||For the ganache –
- First cook the sweet potato cubes until soft then drain and leave to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180oC and grease and line a 12x9in baking tin.
- Place ¾ of the cooked sweet potato in a blender along with the apple puree, almond milk, vanilla, maple syrup and vinegar and blend up until smooth. If you don’t have a blender mash up the sweet potato until completely smooth then whisk with the other ingredients.
- Stir in the oat flour, ground almonds, flaxseeds, cacao powder, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and fold in to form quite a thick chocolate batter. Stir in the walnuts.
- Spoon this into your prepared tin then bake for 25-30 minutes, until risen and firm to the touch. Leave to cool in the tin.
- Meanwhile make the ganache by opening the chilled coconut milk can and scraping out the solid cream at the top. Place in a blender with the rest of the cooked sweet potato, maple syrup, cacao and vanilla and blend until smooth. Alternatively whip in a bowl with the mashed sweet potato and other ingredients if you don’t have a blender.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes (can be made 4 days in advance).
- Once the brownies have cooled down, cut into 12 and spread a layer of the ganache on top of each one. Decorate with anything you want – chopped hazelnuts, freeze-dried raspberries and pomegranate all work well.
Keep any remaining brownies in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days (frosted) or 5 days (unfrosted).
Curated by www.spamellab.com