Vegetarian ❘ 321 kcal ❘ 8g fat ❘ 1g saturates ❘ 53g carbs ❘ 8g sugars ❘ 3g fibre ❘ 12g protein ❘ 0.74g salt
Good for: Light and delicious take away alternative
- 250g flat rice noodles
- 300g firm tofu, drained, patted dry and cut into cubes
- 10 asparagus spears, trimmed and sliced
- 6 spring onions halved and thinly sliced
- 2 limes, 1 juiced, 1 cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce, plus extra for serving
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 300g beansprouts
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Handful coriander leaves
- Cook the noodles as suggested by the manufacturer. Mix the lime juice, tamarind and sweet chili sauce together in a small bowl and set to one side.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a non-stick wok and fry the tofu for 7 minutes, stirring often until golden on all sides. Set this to one side.
- Add more oil to the pan and cook the asparagus in it until it softens. Then throw in the spring onions, beansprouts and garlic, cooking for a few minutes more. Add the drained noodles, sauce mixture and a pinch of salt.
- Mix in the tofu and heat through. Serve with the coriander and lime wedges.
Discover more easy and nutritious recipe ideas
Shop our Food & Drink range.