Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
2 tbsp sunflower oil
2 peppers, any colours
1 courgette, sliced
300g jasmine rice
A small handful coriander leaves
- Energy (kcal)87
- Protein (g)2.1
- Fat (g)2.1
- Sat Fat (g)0.3
- Carbs (g)14.2
- Sugar (g)2.2
- Fibre (g)1.4
- Salt (g)0.01
1. To make the curry sauce, blend the onion, garlic and ginger until nearly smooth.
2. In a frying pan, heat the sunflower oil and then add in the spices. Fry for 2-3 minutes or until the spices are fragrant. Add in the puréed vegetables and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add in the tomato purée, a splash of water and the chopped tomatoes. Season well and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and set aside.
4. In a large frying pan, heat 1 tbsp of sunflower oil until hot and then add in the vegetables and cook until golden. Meanwhile, soak the jasmine rice in cold water.
5. Add the curry sauce into the frying pan and remove the cinnamon stick. Bring to the boil and then turn down to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
6. In a saucepan, heat the other tbsp sunflower oil and add in the drained rice. Sizzle for 1 minute and then cover with boiling water to three times the height of the rice. Stir and cover with a lid. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until the liquid has absorbed and the rice is cooked through.
7. Serve the rice with the curry on top and coriander sprinkled over.