Dark chocolate and ginger biscotti
- 140g flour
- 40g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 100g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 55ml rapeseed oil
- 55g walnuts chopped
- 85g dark chocolate chopped
- 55g crystallised ginger chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Using an electric whisk, mix the egg with the sugar until fluffy. Add the rapeseed oil and vanilla extract and combine.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt using a low setting on the electric whisk.
- Fold in the chocolate, ginger and walnuts before dividing the dough and making two sausage shapes.
- Place on the baking tray and bake for 20 mins before taking out of the oven to cool. Turn the oven down to 160˚C.
- Cut into diagonal slices half an inch thick and place them back onto the baking tray. Bake for a further ten minutes on each side. Put on a wire rack to cool before serving with a mug of steaming tea or coffee!