A good skincare routine doesn’t just help keep skin problems at bay, it can also bring you youthful, glowing skin. From beauty basics to your diet, here are some useful skincare tips and tricks to keep your skin in good condition:
- Do eat a balanced diet. A healthy diet packed with essential vitamins and minerals will enhance your complexion from the inside out.
- Don't use too much moisturiser. All skin types need moisturiser but rich, heavy creams can sit on the skin’s surface and block pores. Use easily absorbed creams and lotions or water-based products for oily or combination skin.
- Don’t ignore your skin type. If you have oily, sensitive or dry skin, tailor your routine to your skin’s needs and choose specially designed products.
- Do take care in the sun. The sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays are the main cause of skin ageing and can cause skin cancer. If you’re out in the sun, protect your skin with a minimum SPF 15.
- Don’t Smoke. Smoking may lower the elasticity of the skin by causing the breakdown of collagen. It’s also thought to reduce blood flow to the skin so it gets less nutrients and oxygen.
- Don't wear makeup to bed. Leaving makeup on your skin can clog your pores leading to breakouts, so use a makeup remover before cleansing every night.
- Do cleanse your face properly. Using a gentle soap or cleanser, wash dirt, oil and makeup from your face every night before bed.
- Don't pick pimples or blackheads. Bursting or squeezing spots can cause infection or scarring. Instead, use acne or blemish creams, gels or lotions to combat those spots.
- Do limit alcohol. Alcohol has a dehydrating effect which can lead to tired looking skin.
- Do exfoliate once a week. It unclogs pores, helps prevent blackheads and removes dead skin cells for fresh, radiant skin.
Shop our Natural Beauty