Recipe by Gem’s Wholesome Kitchen
Suitable for Vegan diets
Makes 4 portions
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 400g chilli and lime jackfruit in brine, drained
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 400g kidney beans
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 bayleaf
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 fresh chilli chopped (if you like it spicy)
- Brown rice
- Coconut yogurt
- A wedge of lime to squeeze
Lightly fry the onion and garlic in olive oil on a medium heat. Then add the spices and cook for another minute.
Add the drained jackfruit, drained kidney beans, tomatoes, bay leaf and stock. Stir and cook for 20 minutes on low heat stirring occasionally.
Taste and season according to your taste. Add the chopped chilli now for an extra kick.
Serve with cooked brown rice, a dollop of coconut yoghurt and a squeeze of fresh lime.
Shop Food & Drink