Just like you, your skin breathes a sigh of relief when Spring is on the horizon. Warmer temperatures, a softer wind chill and less harsh heater air = all-round happier skin.
That being said, there are still things you can be doing to make the transition from winter-skin to summer-skin as smooth and glow-y as possible!
Here are 9 top tips on how to rejuvenate your skincare routine, including some stand-out products from our range of natural and vegan beauty.
1. Choose a lighter moisturiser for spring
During the winter months, we all naturally gravitate to thick, heavy moisturisers in a desperate attempt to rehydrate our skin. But when spring starts to defrost everything around us, it’s time to swap to a lighter moisturiser, like:
- Vitamin C and omega oils give the skin a layer of hydration, without being too heavy
- Helps to prevent pollutants penetrating the pores
- Packed with kiwi seed oil and sea buckthorn oil
Read more about how to take care of your skin with vitamin C.
2. Get the SPF back out
Although the sun may not be blazing out there, spring means it’s time to get the SPF sun protection back out.
Whether you got for a SPF-enriched moisturiser, foundation or plain old sun cream, just make sure your skin stays protected as the sun starts to peek out again.
3. Gentle exfoliation
You don’t need to be afraid to exfoliate, even if your skin is dry; it’s one of the best ways to get rid of waste, dirt and dead skin cells. However, some exfoliants are pretty harsh, so it’s best to choose a naturally gentle scrub or a chemical-based cleanser (like hyaluronic acid) to do the dirty work this spring.
- Hyaluronic acid bonds with moisture to help keep skin plump and hydrated
- Don’t let the word ‘acid’ scare you! Out bodies actually produce it
- Acidic cleansers can also help control sweat and shine
Or, if you love a good scrub:
- Exfoliates old skin cells away with brown sugar, ginger and a hint of cinnamon
- Leaves a layer of moisture behind
- Suitable for all skin types
4. Spring clean your skincare
Got an old, crusty mascara lurking around in your makeup bag or a ‘past it’ bottle of toner? No worries! Spring is the perfect excuse to give your skincare products a spring clean.
First things first, look for that little jar symbol on your product packaging – that’s how many months you can safely keep your product after opening it. So, that should give you a good starting point.
This would be a good time to wash your makeup brushes / applicators, too. Simply soak them in warm, soapy water and allow to air dry or use a hair dryer.
5. Give face mists a go
Face mists are a great way to moisturise and refresh your face on the go now it’s getting warmer. They also stop you from using your hands to wipe away sweat, which can pass on dirt and other nasties to your skin.
- Delivers moisture to thirsty skin
- Contains rose, geranium and lavender for total skin refreshment
- Use anytime to freshen, cool and revitalise
6. Awaken your skin in the shower
There’s nothing like a nice hot (or cold if you’re brave!) to wake you up in the morning and help you start your day fresh. Take this one step further with some naturally pungent scents to awaken your senses.
- Made with revitalising essential oils
- Infused with dragon fruit and rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants
- Naturally-derived and cruelty-free ingredients
- Combines the zesty-ness of orange oil with other natural ingredients
- Laves your scalp feeling cleansed, fresh and healthy
7. Lighten up!
Been hiding your skin beneath thick foundations and concealers? Spring can be a natural breaker for heavy skincare and makeup – helping your skin to breathe again and feel the sunlight.
Not only that, ditching the heavy makeup can help unblock clogged pores, which can lead to breakouts.
8. Give your lips some love
Your lips really go through it during the winter months don’t they! So, it’s no surprise we all reach for the lip balms and moisturisers. But when spring comes around, our lips often get overlooked.
Instead of just leaving them to fend for themselves, from spring onwards, you should consider using a lighter, SPF-enriched lip balm, like:
- Bioactive lip care with SPF15 protection
- Instantly nourishes, hydrates and conditions lips
- Moisturises and helps protect dry lips
9. Nourish your skin from within
While it’s important to look after your skin from the outside, it’s just as important to ensure you are looking after it from the inside, whether that be through drinking enough water or eating fresh and nutrient rich foods.
- 10g of high-quality bovine collagen per serving
- Collagen is a major constituent of skin, hair and nails
- Decreased collagen levels can leave skin less elastic
This collagen creamer is also available in caramel.
Staying topped up on your essential vitamins and minerals can have help you get daily support for your skin. If you are not confident you are getting all of them from a healthy, balanced diet, then you may want to supplement with a multivitamin. Here are some of the best for skin, hair and nail health:
- Supports good skin health with B vitamins, vitamin A, vitamin C and more
- Contains 27 naturally inspired vitamins and minerals to get you glowing this spring
- Contains key ingredients: biotin, zinc and vitamin C
- Have a soft, chewy texture with a tasty natural berry flavour