A personalised gift containing a few little somethings you know they'll love...
Whether you’re stuck in a present-buying rut or just want to give something more unique this year, putting together a personalised Christmas hamper for someone is always a great option.
Packed full of individual items, little treats and surprises; it’s bound to hit the mark and you’ll get extra brownie points for effort.
How to construct the perfect hamper
Read on for our top tips on how to construct the perfect hamper...
Decide on a budget
This will dictate the theme and extent of your contents.
It might be worth considering who it’s for; you’ll probably want to spend more if it’s for your mum compared to the office secret Santa.
Think of a theme
Make it personal and relevant to the recipient.
Would they prefer food, beauty products, a tipple perhaps? Is there anything you know they really like?
Choose a container
Think of something practical that compliments the theme of the hamper.
Remember to keep it interesting and exciting though. Good examples include a terracotta plant pot, serving bowl or wooden crate.
Use a filler
This will help make your hamper appear much more presentable.
Scrunched up paper works a treat – or you could use recycled shredded paper for an eco-friendly alternative.
Arrange the gifts
Start by choosing a front for your hamper. Then place the largest/tallest items first and arrange the smaller items around these.
Wrap the hamper up
The most popular choice for this is cellophane because it is see-through, but it’s not the best for the planet.
For a more sustainable and unique look, try something that suits the theme of your hamper, such as a tea towel for a food-themed hamper.
What should I put in the hamper?
If you’re struggling with ideas as to what to put in your Christmas hamper, here are just a few suggestions that are sure to go down a treat.
Festive food and drink hamper ideas
- For the coffee lover, try a festive coffee blend, or a speciality festive tea blend
- If caffeine is a no-go zone, treat them to a vegan hot chocolate kit for a special alternative
- For the condiment addict, try a vegan alternative (like Dr Wills, which are vegan friendly!)
- For the sweet tooth, try adding some festive chocolate, cakes or biscuits that are vegan friendly, or a selection of other sweet snacks
- For the gym lovers, try adding a few of their favourite bars or shakes
- There’s no better time than Christmas to enjoy some cheese and pickle, so why not treat them to a couple of chutney jars too? What A Pickle offer sumptuous vegan friendly gifts just like this
- For those who love the sweet and savoury combo, be sure to add in a fruit and nut selection so they can snack happy all through the festive season
- And for the designated drivers, or those choosing to skip alcohol this season, try adding an alcohol free tipple to the hamper
Festive food & drink hamper...
Beauty hamper ideas
- For the trend lover, try a CBD serum or a shampoo bar
- Do they love skincare? Try adding a facemask one of the latest products in premium skincare
- A new beauty accessory is always a great addition. Add a muslin cloth and exfoliating mitt to help them get ready for the upcoming party season - plus they're great zero waste alternatives
- For men, try adding the latest beard grooming products or something for their gym bag
- If you’re not confident when it comes to choosing beauty gifts, why not buy a beauty advent calendar and dish out the contents into a hamper? And maybe keep some goodies for yourself too
Beauty hamper ideas...
Wellness hamper ideas
- For the repeat over-worker, pop in a natural scented candle to create a relaxing atmosphere to enhance their evening downtime
- There’s nothing more healing than a good night’s sleep, which is why lavender essential oil or a pillow spray would make a great addition to a wellness hamper
- It’s easy to neglect your muscles after a workout, so if you’re making a hamper for an exercise fanatic, be sure to add in some Epsom salts
- A sweet gift for your spiritual friends, a selection of crystals make a lovely addition to a wellness hamper
- Combining wellness and skincare, a rose quartz facial roller is perfect for massaging your facial muscles at the end of the day – and for reducing skin redness
Wellness hamper ideas...
The final say
It goes without saying that hampers make for great Christmas gifts, as they can be personalised to suit whichever loved one you’re buying for.
Still, stuck for ideas? Browse our Christmas gifts for more inspiration today.
Last updated: 2 November 2021