Ro Huntriss is a UK-based Registered Dietitian. Ro has over 10 years of experience working as a dietitian and has worked across many different sectors including NHS, private practice, research, digital health, health technologies and supporting commercial businesses.
Ro is a specialist in a variety of areas to include weight management, diabetes, women’s health, gastrointestinal and cardiovascular health. Ro expanded her expertise to a number of areas as she believes that health is not one dimensional and health should be considered from several angles.
In her spare time, Ro enjoys yoga and netball, playing the piano and is an avid Tottenham Hotspur fan!
- Community Nutrition Professional of the Year 2021 - CN Magazines
- Kumar, K.D., Huntriss, R., Green, E., Bora, S. and Pettitt, C. (2022). Development of a nutrition screening tool to identify need for dietetic intervention in female infertility. Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics, doi: 10.1111/jhn.13055.
- Huntriss, R., Haines, M., Jones, L. and Mulligan, D. (2021). A service evaluation exploring the effectiveness of a locally commissioned tier 3 weight management programme offering face-to-face, telephone and digital dietetic support. Clinical Obesity, e12444.
- Huntriss, R., Boocock, R. and McArdle, P. (2019). Dietary carbohydrate restriction as a management strategy for adults with type 2 diabetes: Exploring the opinions of dietitians. Journal of Diabetes Nursing, 23: JDN104.
- Huntriss, R., Campbell, M., and Bedwell, C. (2018). The interpretation and effect of a low-carbohydrate diet in the management of type 2 diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials. European journal of clinical nutrition, 72(3), pp. 311–325.
- Huntriss, R. and White, H. (2016). Evaluation of a 12-week weight management group for people with type 2 diabetes and pre-diabetes in a multi-ethnic population. Journal of Diabetes Nursing, 20, pp. 65-71.