For the mousse layer
- 4 medium bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 4 heaped Tbsp cacao powder *
- 2 large dates * pitted
- ¼ tsp cinnamon *
For the whipped cream layer
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk * refrigerated overnight
- Seeds from 1 whole vanilla pod *
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup *
For the trifle layer
- 340g frozen cherries, chopped and drained
- Cacao powder * and cacao nibs
For the mousse layer:
Blend the avocado, frozen bananas, cacao powder, dates, and cinnamon until smooth and creamy.
For the whipped cream layer:
Open the can of coconut milk and separate the top layer of thick cream from the liquid beneath.
In a small mixing bowl, blend the coconut cream for 3-5 minutes.
Add vanilla seeds and maple syrup and whip until a stiff peak forms.
For the trifle layer:
In 4 individual serving bowls or glasses, place mousse layer at the bottom, followed by the whipped cream layer, then the trifle layer. Top with a sprinkle of cacao powder and cacao nibs if desired. Serve chilled.