The unusual Middle Eastern ingredient of barberries works instead of egg to bind the filling.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes – Serves 2
2 Skin-on chicken breasts
10g parsley, chopped
5g dill, chopped
1 lemon, zested
300g new potatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp zataar
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan.
2. Crumble the feta into a bowl and mix with the herbs, lemon and barberries and season well.
3. Place the chicken breast in a large roasting tray and loosen the skin with a small spoon.
4. Divide the feta mixture and spoon underneath the skin. Pull the skin over as much as possible to cover the filling.
5. Add the new potatoes to the dish and drizzle them and the chicken with the olive oil. Sprinkle the potatoes with the zataar and toss gently to coat.
6. Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until the potatoes and chicken are cooked through and golden. Serve with a green salad.