Suitable for Vegans
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 40 mins
Nutrients per serving
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1 pack of vitamin D fortified tofu, drained
- 1 bunch kale, thinly sliced & massaged with a little olive oil.
- 1 pint glass of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
For the sauce
- 1 cup roasted walnuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 200g jar roasted peppers
- 1/3 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
Drain the tofu according to package instructions. Preheat oven to 200°C.
Cook the lentils according to the package and set aside when ready.
Cut the drained tofu into 1-inch cubes and arrange them on a baking tray. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and bake for 40 minutes or until lightly golden. Flip the tofu halfway through.
Add all of the sauce ingredients into a blender and whizz until smooth and creamy. Add more water to create desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
Divide the veggies into 4 bowls and top with the cooked tofu & lentils. Finish with a generous drizzle of the sauce and a sprinkle of almonds.
Liked this? Then you'll LOVE our Kale & Beetroot bowl recipeShop Food & Drink