Using a natural weight loss supplement could give you the extra boost you need
Sometimes it can be useful to get a helping hand with weight loss. Here's how to know when, how, and why to use fat loss pills.
Things to consider
Before you think about using a weight loss pill, capsule, tea, or supplement, you need to ensure your activity levels and diet is up to scratch.
Pills or supplements are not something to rely on and can never replace a healthy diet, calorie deficit, and regular exercise.
- Exercise: Are you exercising regularly, with a mixture of cardio and resistance/strength training during the week?
- Daily activity: Your daily activity is important, too. Be sure that you walk close to 10,000 steps a day and move your body as much as possible.
- Nutrition: Make sure you are consistently eating a healthy diet which supports your weight loss goals and nourishes your body. The key word is consistency.
- Calorie deficit: You need to be in a caloric deficit in order to lose weight, so be sure that you have been eating slightly less calories than your body burns.
Read more: How to lose weight healthily and keep it off
How do weight loss products help?
No product can actually melt fat off your body for you, but they can make a noticeable difference to your weight and body fat percentage.
- More energy. So you can move your body more during the day, walking more, and increasing your calorie output.
- Focus. They can help you focus during your workouts, so you put more effort in (and burn more calories).
- Burn calories. They will contain natural ingredients which gently raise your body’s ability to burn energy, which can burn a small but significant amount of extra calories across the day
- Curb hunger. They contain ingredients which can help you feel fuller, less hungry, and better able to resist treats and snacks.
Should you take a weight loss supplement every day?
The best way to use weight loss supplements is to take them every day as directed for a short period of time (2-6 weeks).
You should only need the extra support of these products when you are looking for that final boost for your fat loss diet.
Alternatively, you might like to take thermogenic or fat burner type supplements when you feel the need for an energy boost for the gym.
How to choose a weight loss supplement
Be sure to look at the ingredients list so you know you are not intolerant to any of the ingredients. Fat loss products contain thermogenic aids and caffeine. So if you know that any of these ingredients affect your digestion, mood, or sleep, find a more suitable product.
Take extra care to use the right dose per day, and take the product with food and water as directed. Choose from a store and a brand you trust. And make sure the product is all-natural.
You’ve found the right weight loss supplement when:
- It has a clear ingredients list with no confusing ingredients
- You understand everything on the label
- None of the ingredients give you any side effects like sleeplessness or an upset stomach
- It gives you a gentle boost of energy for your workout
- You notice that you feel less hungry and able to manage your fat loss diet better
Read more: 17 weight loss tips to lose it for life
Advice is for information only and should not replace medical care. Please check with your GP before trying any remedies.