This moist and flavoursome cake is so scrummy that it could quickly become a firm favourite in your home. It uses Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg which is a gluten, cholesterol and allergen free egg replacer.
- 2 tbsp Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg *
- 75ml almond milk * chilled (to mix with the vegan egg)
- 2 tbsp almond milk * optional
- 115g vegan butter, softened
- 250g gluten free plain flour *
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon *
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 2¼ tsp ground ginger *
- 1 tsp sea salt *
- 160ml molasses *
- 65g organic crystallised coconut nectar *
- 200g unsweetened apple puree
- 1 tsp baking soda *
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
* Available at Holland & Barrett
Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4 and line a 20cm x 10cm loaf tin with parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl, whisk the plain flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, cloves, ginger, and salt together. Leave to one side.
In a measuring jug, mix the vegan egg with the almond milk and stir.
Pour the egg mixture into a mixing bowl containing the coconut sugar and vegan butter.
Add the dry mixture that you kept to one side, along with the apple puree and molasses.
Blend everything together and add 2 tbsp of almond milk if needed to create a thick batter.
Pour into the loaf tin and bake for 50 minutes in the middle of the oven.
Leave to cool on a wire rack before adding frosting if you wish.
Shop Food & Drink