Whether you prefer them as an indulgent breakfast food or as an after dinner treat, pancakes are undeniably delicious and incredibly easy to make. Get practising your pancake flipping skills with our vegan pancakes. Made with Follow Your Heart’s vegan egg replacement and gluten free flour, these crepe style bites are suitable for those following a dairy free or gluten free diet. Enjoy them with a variety of scrumptious toppings, both sweet and savoury!
- 125g gluten free plain flour
- Follow Your Heart egg replacer, equivalent to 1 whole egg
- 250ml coconut milk
- Sunflower or coconut oil for frying
How to make them:
- Place the flour in a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the vegan egg in with the milk. Pour into the flour mix, a bit at a time, and stir well.
- Heat up some oil in a frying pan. Once hot, pour in some of the pancake mix so it covers the bottom of the pan with a thin layer of batter.
- Cook for around three minutes or until the bottom of the pancake is golden. Flip and repeat on the other side.
- Once all the pancakes are cooked, serve with your favourite choice of fresh fruit or keep it simple with a drizzle of agave syrup and a squeeze of lemon.
Or why not shop for your pancake day ingredients within our Food & Drink range.