Try this delicious chocolate protein shake packed with protein and added goodness with hemp and chia seeds.
- 1 ripe banana (peeled and frozen)
- 2tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 2tbsp natural salted nut butter of choice
- 1tbsp chia seeds
- 1 – 2tbsp chocolate protein powder (to taste)
- 1 ½ – 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 – 2 pitted dates or maple syrup (to sweeten/optional)
Add banana, hemp seeds, oats, peanut butter (or other nut or seed butter), chia seeds, protein powder, and almond milk (starting with lesser end of range) to a high-speed blender, and blend on high until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more protein powder for a chocolate flavor, nut butter for creaminess or saltiness, almond milk to thin, or dates or maple syrup to sweeten (optional).
Enjoy immediately, or store covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 day (though best when fresh).